Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Running (with Stroller)

Last night was my first run since last summer. I ran 1.5 miles with Miss Sophia in the stroller. On Monday I started an 8 week training program to run a 5k by the end of September. While training for a 5k would have seemed silly to do a year ago it is something I need now for three reasons:

1) I just had a baby and the thought of running more than a mile seems overwhelming
2) I am training to run with the stroller
3) I am heading back to work and need a program to be on so that I don’t get too tired and lazy once I throw a work week into the mix

Like I said, I started this program Monday. Luckily Day One of the program was a “rest” day. Easy. Check. Onto day two.

My run last night was good. It got a lot easier once I realized that I only needed to push the jogging stroller with one arm (doh!). Prior to that I was death gripping it with both arms and my arms were killing me. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment